Thursday 19 March 2020

Why This Is Here

Hello. Please stay… I’m lonely.

One day back in 2007 I became compelled to share my life with the world. And I haven’t stopped since. There is a whole life on paper here, and I’ll even read it to you if you’d like.

This blog is a place of hope, empathy, love, art, and connectedness. It is a valuable creative outlet where my cathartic ranting can serve a purpose. It is the conductor of many unexpected and fortunate internet friendships and a vehicle to transport me to the most personal, distant, exotic places, that I would have previously been unable to experience. This blog has had me run the full gamut of emotions, not only in my own story, but in feeling the ripples of that spread across the internet and return to me.
In the words of Dave Eggers: “It gives me strength, almost unbelievable strength, to know that you are there. I covet your eyes, your ears, the collapsible space between us. How blessed are we to have each other? I am alive and you are alive so we must fill the air with our words... How can I pretend that you do not exist? It would be almost as impossible as you pretending that I do not exist.”

So please, have a look around, read, listen, and if you would be so kind, leave a comment.

Thank you.

Anika.

4 comments:

  1. Do I have to wait until Thursday, March 19th 2020 before you'll be back to post? (And how exactly does one future-post anyway?)

    Your last Tweet was 51 days ago, so I guess that puts the rest in context a little.

    Peace! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No you don't have to wait! But it is true that you'll never see a post from yesterday, or even last week. And that's because this is more of a perpetual autobiography than a blog. Please visit the archive (http://theharringtonfiles.blogspot.com/2008/11/complete-post-archive-2008-73-january.html) and even listen to some podcasts (http://theharringtonfiles.blogspot.com/2009/01/archive-2009.html).
    And the future post thing has been disabled. It can only be achieved by editing the dates on an existing post. I did it here to make sure this post always appeared first, for visitors like yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quick Introduction Connected with Hardware Settings Of Dm500
    High-definition

    my blog post ... Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 3010 price

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips.

    ReplyDelete